Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Red Sky At Morning


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m told a red sky with the dawn
Means trouble’s on its way,
But it still represents to me
The best part of the day.
 
I used to live all by myself,
Though life was seldom slow,
And, when I wanted something more,
I’d just get up and go.
 
But now I live within the task
That you have given me,
And, while I’m not a prisoner,
My time is never free.
 
I can’t just go out for a while
Or stay in when I choose,
For I have people who need me.
My time’s not mine to use.
 
In fact, the only time that’s mine,
Is when the first lights dawn,
For once the sun is fully up
The day’s adventure’s on!
 
So you can watch for storms to come
With every ruby dawn,
But I will claim my moment’s peace,
Rejoice, then carry on.

Psalm 90:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days

No comments:

Post a Comment