Monday, July 1, 2013

Miracles Overlooked


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I sat beside the sea today,
To watched the rising sun,
Just as I have each day at dawn;
And I’ve loved every one.
 
But as I sat where the sweet stream
Ran into the salt sea
I praised the Lord that I was there
Amid the mystery.
 
For that small stream always flows sweet,
Though tides consume its flow,
And though it spills unendingly,
The oceans still don’t grow.
 
Such miracles we watch each day,
Yet seldom stop to see.
We give no thought to rising sun
Or streams that touch the sea.
 
But if, one day, they all were gone,
We would suffer their lack
And lift our hearts in plaintive cries
Begging to have them back.
 
Ecclesiastes 1:7
All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment