Sunday, July 14, 2013

Patient Expectation


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I lived in a murky panic,
When everything went wrong.
I struggled through each weary day,
Still losing all along.
 
I prayed that You would intercede
And begged for a reprieve.
I asked for some small direction
In which I could believe.
 
Before dawn I had a vision,
You clearly spoke to me.
You put it into words I know,
As plain as it could be.
 
“Think of it as a cake you bake.
You wait, expectantly,
For time to pass, so it’s well done.
You do so patiently.
 
For you know if you take it out
Before the cake’s cooked through,
Then it will fall, become a mess,
And you must start anew.”
 
So now, when things get murkier
Than I can quite see through,
I don’t let panic overwhelm.
I know just what to do.
 
I wait for what is to come next
To cook completely through.
With patient expectation, Lord,
I gladly wait on You.
 
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment