Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sisters By Birth or Love


My sisters, born of blood and love,
Who’ve shared all that life brings
Have stood with me when life was rich
And when I’ve felt its stings.

No matter how we came to meet,
By birth or by your hand,
We hold together when we need
To laugh or make a stand.

We’ve helped each other over hills
And danced when life was sweet;
We’ve shared the joys that fill a life
And tasted harsh defeat.

But every time we’ve faced the dark
We’ve reached out for a friend
And found a sister standing there
To help us heal and mend.

I thank you for the friends you’ve sent
To share the rugged road,
But even more, I thank you for
Sisters who share the load.

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.

1 comment:

  1. God knew what He was doing the day you appeared in my life. He knew each time we would rely on one another, count on the one person who would strive to understand, when all others failed us. And He's even multiplied those blessings by allowing all we've learned to spill into more lives, join more hearts!
    To all the friends in our lives who help us make it through each day...I praise God for all my 'sisters' and their sisters!

    ReplyDelete