Saturday, September 24, 2011

Isaiah 40:31

We have always shared a signal
That showed me you were there,
Even when the world gets tough
It tells me you still care.

I call to you, ask if you hear
My worries and my cries
And you send me a message back,
An eagle sweeps the skies

Or settles in a nearby tree
When I am passing by.
That tells me that you’re listening
And I don’t need to cry.

So when today went down the tubes,
And it sure went down fast,
I dropped my head, vowed not to weep,
But knew that wouldn’t last.

I cursed myself, a stupid fool,
The names flew fast and wild,
But then I heard you say to me,
“Don’t speak so of my child.”

I knew that I should raise my eyes
To seek an eagle there,
But I was so despondent that
I didn’t even dare.

I kept my eyes fixed on the grass,
I would not look around,
But you were not deterred, you just
Laid your love on the ground.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment