Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Genesis 1: 1-5



















The earth lay shrouded in darkness,
The chill of night was deep.
The murmur of a restless dream
Had disrupted my sleep.

I lay still in the emptiness,
While all the fears I face
Came creeping up beside my bed,
Tugging my pillowcase.

I felt the fright that overwhelms,
The hopelessness of fate,
Reach out its icy hand to try
And crush me with its weight.

I tried to fight the fears and tears,
But as they washed my face
I reached up through the formless pain
And called to you for grace.

Within a moment of my plea
The night began to lift.
My nameless fears slipped out in fright
Before dawn’s golden drift

And there, above the silhouette,
Of all my darkest fears
I saw the glory of the sun
Cast diamonds in my tears.

Genesis 1: 1-5
 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment