Thursday, September 8, 2011

9 O'Clock

I know this may not sound quite right,
It may come as a shock,
But there’s a place in my small world
That’s always 9 o’clock.

The battery that moves the hands
Died many months ago
And I find something comforting
In letting it just go.

9 o’clock is a nice hour,
Before the day’s begun,
And in the evening 9 tells me
My day is almost done.

Both moments hold that quiet peace
That comes within the storm,
The peace that helps you to believe
That you’ll survive the swarm.

For me, it’s critical to have,
Time to breathe and take pause.
I don’t mind living in the gale’s
Harsh battering because

No matter what chaos life brings,
There’s still time to take stock.
For I know, there’s at least one place,
Where it’s still 9 o’clock!

No comments:

Post a Comment