Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hebrews 12: 11-12

You told me once, do it your way,
And I did… for a while,
But then I thought I’d try my way,
Do it in my own style.

So you gave me a gentle nudge
And I fell on my face.
You picked me up, set me on track
And then gave me my space.

Once again, I stayed on track…
Until I wandered off.
Your next nudge had a bit more force,
That time I failed to scoff.

It seemed right then that discipline
Would be the point you made,
That things work much more smoothly when
Your discipline’s obeyed.

Though I can take the hard way round,
By doing things my way,
I’ve found that life makes much more sense
When I do as you say.

So don’t make smooth the path I walk,
Just give me stronger knees;
Don’t spare the discipline I need,
Just make me tougher please!

Hebrews 12: 11-12
11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. 12 Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment