Monday, September 26, 2011

Lost in the mist

The path was not meant to be clear,
The way not straight and smooth,
Yet when I stumble to my knees
You’re there to heal and soothe.

Your covenant is one of grace,
Yet still I need to fight.
But, when I’m feeling overwhelmed
You help me set things right.

You walk me through the broken trails,
And hold me when I call.
Sometimes I run wild on the way,
But you’re there when I fall.

Oh Lord, last night I lost my way,
The road turned dark and fell,
But you reached out and took my hand
And drew me back from hell.

You held me close and dried my tears,
Easing my worried soul.
You assured me that all I feared
Was under your control.

Then I finally understood
That, though your way is long,
It’s still the path I want to take
Since I want you along.

Psalm 94: 18-19
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment