Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Each Day A Praise

I feared the task might be too much,
Drive me to my knees;
Before I even took it up
I paused to ask you please…

Please help me to take up this task
With calm aplomb and grace
And help me to call out your name
If I should lose my place,

Please help me find, each day, the words
To make your message live
And help me find a photograph
That shapes the words you give.

Please let each praise reflect to all
The glory of your love
And let it not cast light on me
That should shine far above

But most of all please help me to
Keep Gideon in mind
For it is only by your grace
Each daily praise I find!


Judges 7: 2
2 The LORD said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment