Friday, August 6, 2021

Steadfast in Prayer


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They way ahead seems easier,
And that’s what worries me.
It’s never quite the easy path
That it now seems to be.
 
I know it means, just out of sight,
There’s trouble up ahead.
While I was hoping for smooth roads
It’s likely rough instead.
 
Good thing I know the One in charge,
Better, that He knows me,
And He will help me walk the path
That lies past what I see.
 
For now, I’ll thank Him for smooth roads,
Then, when the way grows rough,
I’ll thank Him for His company
And that His love’s enough.
 
I’ll thank Him that I’m not alone,
However lost I feel,
And that He lifts my spirit up
When I prayerfully kneel.
 
I’ll thank Him that there is a stretch
Of smooth road, here and there,
But when the way grows rough again,
I know He’ll hear my prayer.
 
Colossians 4:2
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment