Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Just Let Go

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have to practice letting go,
Of that I have no doubt,
But how I’m going to get it done
I still must figure out,
 
How do I let go of the pain
When it still hurts me so?
The sorrow and the grief I’ve felt,
How do I let that go?
 
I want to leave behind anger
And all the rage I feel,
But every day I’m reminded
Of why it’s still so real.
 
I need to learn that what I have
Is all I really need.
Wanting to have “just a bit more”
Still qualifies as greed.
 
All of the things I should let go
Destroy who I should be,
Enslaving me to pain or shame,
To rage or misery.
 
I have to practice letting go
Or I’ll never be free
Of all the things not letting go
Uses to entrap me.
 
James 4:1
What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you?

No comments:

Post a Comment