Monday, August 9, 2021

Prayers for the Brokenhearted


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I stand with eyes uplifted, Lord,
My heart is on its knees.
I cannot find the words I need
To lift my broken pleas.
 
I know that I am weary, Lord,
And far too prone to cry,
But I doubt I can find the words
To even tell You why.
 
There’s so much sorrow in the world,
And I have known my share,
But there are some who live with grief
Too heartbreaking to bear.
 
Too many times I feel small fears
Well up inside of me,
But many live lost in real fear
From which they can’t break free.
 
When life comes crashing down on me,
It rips my very soul,
But there are those so crushed and torn
They can never be whole.
 
Lord, I pray, as a wayward child,
For those more lost than me.
Please open up their eyes to You
That they might come to see.
 
Oh, Lord, my heart is on its knees.
With all the strength I’ve left,
I pray You’ll bring healing and peace
To those too long bereft.
 
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment