Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tears and Peace


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I felt the tears well up inside
My aching broken heart.
I knew, if I did not move fast,
The endless flow would start,
 
But I was too lost in my grief,
The pain past all bearing,
That I could not see my way out,
And I was beyond caring.
 
But then You sent me words of love
From an old friend or two.
Distracting me just long enough
For Your peace to shine through.
 
Your light shone on the tears that formed
Within my broken heart
And, as they sparkled with new joy,
I felt the healing start.
 
My life has held its share of pain,
I know it always will,
But I know, though the pain is great,
Your love is greater still.
 
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment