Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Healing and Rest


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m weary and my spirit sags,
But I can hear His voice
Reminding me that I am His,
So I choose to rejoice.
 
The labors of this world bear down
Upon us now and then,
But they are nothing compared to
The great burden of sin.
 
It weighs upon the heart and soul
Until they find no peace,
But, like the labors of this world,
He is sin’s one release.
 
Take up the burden of His love,
And live within His Grace,
Cast off the past and don’t look back
At the pain and disgrace.
 
In Him alone you will find rest,
And healing from the sin
That torments the body and soul,
Crushing the hopes of men.
 
Yes, I am weary in this life,
But I still hear His voice,
So I will claim His healing Grace,
Praise Him and rejoice!
 
Matthew 11:28-29
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment