Thursday, May 20, 2021

In Weakness I'm Strong


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The way ahead can seem so dark,
So frightening and grim,
Until we recognize that we
Will walk that path with Him.
 
The way will not be easier
Because He’s at our side,
And there will be plenty of times
When we’ve sat down and cried.
 
“If His love is so powerful”,
I have heard many say,
“Why would He let us struggle so
When He could smooth our way?”
 
Yet, if there weren’t struggles in life,
How would we learn of grace?
How arrogant would we become
If we controlled the race?
 
How would we learn of mercy’s worth,
If we’ve not felt its need?
Nor learned of gratitude’s blessings,
If we’ve lived only greed.
 
The path may well be dark ahead,
Rocky and overgrown,
But we can walk that path in faith
That we won’t walk alone.
 
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment