Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Don't Whisper, Shout


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I whisper Your name in the dark,
When I am all alone,
And speak to You of the great fear
That turns my heart to stone.
 
I whisper in the confusion
Of a chaotic life
And call on You to rescue me
From the trouble and strife.
 
I whisper in my gratitude
For all You’ve brought me through.
I whisper when I ought sing
In joyous praise to You.
 
I whisper when I ought to shout,
“Praise to His Holy name!
For He has set me free of sin
And washed from me my shame.”
 
I whisper as if one might hear
Who would condemn my choice,
When I should share Your Word with all,
And openly rejoice.
 
Lord teach me not to fear to speak
Of my faith openly,
But let me speak and live out loud
That all may know and see
The King of Heaven is My Lord
For all eternity!
 
Matthew 10:27-28
What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment