Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Tears of a Friend



















Within the teardrops of a friend
Lie more than simple fears,
There are those things that I can’t help,
Much like her flowing tears;
There’s the betrayal of those who
Should offer love not jeers,
Or the destruction of a trust
Dismantled through the years
By promises made without truth,
Those twisted, bitter lies.
And all of this spills from her heart
To pool within her eyes
I know you have her in your hand,
But she burns in my heart,
And while you see the end of pain
All I see is its start.
So please give her what I cannot,
For in you lies relief,
And I can hold her while she cries
But you must heal her grief.

Psalm 6:3-4
3 My soul is in deep anguish.  How long, LORD, how long?
4 Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment