Tuesday, November 15, 2011

So Much Work To Do

The sun has risen on the sea
So I must rise up, too,
For the day is under way
And I have work to do.

There are the wounded hearts to love
And weary hands to hold;
There are so many tears to dry
While comforting the old.

There are still children lost to love,
Who have not seen the light,
While others stand beside the path
Unmoving in their fright.

There are the angry, clenching fists
Against imagined slurs,
And those so lost they are at home
Where wrath and vengeance stirs.

There is so little time to do
All that needs to be done,
So I must rise and tend the work
Bequeathed me by The Son.

John 9:4-5
4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment