Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Refined Like Silver



















It was through sorrow that you gave
A greater strength to me.
It was through conflicts on the job
I gained integrity.
It was while they both fought for life
I grew a servant’s heart.
It was when I was left to fail
I learned I could restart.
It was when I had nothing left
That you taught me to ask.
It was when I was overwhelmed
I pushed on through the task.
It was when I felt most alone
I learned the truth of love.
It was when I hit bottom that
I, at last, looked above.

I have not grown through quiet times,
When sheltered from life’s pains,
But only in the crucible
Have I truly made gains.
For only in the cleansing fire
Can my flaws melt away
Until I am the perfection
You see in me each day.

Psalm 66: 10-12
10 For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver.
11 You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs.
12 You let people ride over our heads;  we went through fire and water,
   but you brought us to a place of abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment