Saturday, November 19, 2011

Worries and Peace
















I spent the day in preparation
For the days ahead,
I scurried round like I was lost
And couldn’t find my head.
Then I came home to find my work
Still lay before me there.
I felt a tear start in my eye,
Then there were tears to spare.

I stepped away so none would see
The tears that touched my cheek
And there I saw, down on the beach,
The peace I went to seek.

He had no thought of why I wept,
Nor did he really care.
In fact, he never looked my way,
As if I wasn’t there.
He wasn’t really seeking food
As he strolled down the shore,
He just wanted to walk with you
In peace, and nothing more.

I left him shortly, as he strolled,
To turn back to my day,
But with me, when I went inside,
I took some peace away.

John 16:33
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment