Sunday, October 9, 2011

Waiting on the Son

I worry about choices made
By some of those I love,
I worry that they’ve chosen pain
When push comes down to shove.

I worry that the path they walk
Takes them so far from you,
But other than my steady prayer
I don’t know what to do.

The one thing that I know for sure
Is that you hold them tight,
No matter that the path they walk
Leads them into the night.

For you will not relinquish them
To the night’s false power.
Like me, you’ll draw them back to you,
At the appointed hour.

So I will leave them to your care,
And do what must be done.
I’ll give them all the love I have
And wait upon the Son!

Luke 1: 78-79
78 because of the tender mercy of our God,
   by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
79 to shine on those living in darkness
   and in the shadow of death,
to guide our feet into the path of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment