Saturday, October 1, 2011

Genesis 1: 2-3
















In the beginning there was nothing
But darkness in my heart.
I heard the news she called to give me
And my world tore apart.

Where were you when disaster struck us?
Why weren’t we in your hand?
I thought that you would always hold us,
I didn’t understand!

I raged in fear against that darkness,
How could you let this be,
Until I’d sobbed myself to silence
When I, at last, could see.

The world was born in formless darkness,
You hovered near its face,
And with a word you cast light outward
To first dispense your grace.

You didn’t promise us no sorrow,
But that you’d be close by;
You never said we’d know no darkness,
But that you’d light our sky.

And, while my cheeks still burned with sorrow,
I saw the breaking light;
Though all my world was lost in darkness,
You’re stronger than the night!

Genesis 1:  2-3
2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.  3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

No comments:

Post a Comment