Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reflections of His Glory, By TF

Who could have guessed at 17
A lifelong friend I’d met.
If a sister loves through adversity,
Some struggles we’d like to forget.

Sustaining one another through trials
Endless times good and bad
Accepting each other’s uniquenesses
Created a once-in-a-lifetime comrade.

I know my heart is safe with you,
You’ve cherished it for years.
You see me as all I can become
No wonder I shed tears.

When my mind is filled with doubts and lies
Drowning out God’s truth and love,
You discern the source ‘neath all my whines
God gives you wisdom from above.

With divine vision you’re extracting
The woman God had in mind
To set aside the hurts and pain
Be patient, strong and kind.

The bonds of friendship ever grow
Though the distance sometimes great
No matter what I do or say
Your love does not abate.

Our visits seem too seldom
The days and hours too short
But always filled with laughter
From a quick, snarky retort.

Time only serves to strengthen
Our hearts forever fused
By a Lord who knew we’d need
A friend when we feel used.

You influence and encourage me
You’re teaching me to Praise
To speak the joy in everything
And glad thanksgivings raise.

So, in spite of all my sadness
Saying goodbye again,
I’ll remember the lessons taught me
And let joyful songs begin.

I’ll look forward to the days ahead
Display more right and far less wrong
Let your example show me the way
And fill my heart with song.

You are a precious instrument
A blessing from up above
Giving to others abundantly
Reflecting God’s unfailing love.

The Lord roams earth searching
For one devoted, willing heart
Whom He can use for His great plans
Promising His Spirit He’ll impart.

Your goodness shines on brightly
Your heart forever pure
Some things in life are doubtful
Your love is one thing sure.
                           
                       In Praise for Enduring Friendships

No comments:

Post a Comment