Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Choice is Faith




I’ve heard said, “live like there’s heaven,
If not, then nothing’s lost,
But if there is, and you’ve lived else,
You’ll pay a brutal cost."

Somehow the phrase struck me as wrong,
But I could not say why.
I’ve heard it proffered many times
And still it sounds a lie.

And so I talked it out with God.
Well, I talked, he just heard
Me rattle on and on until
He answered with one word.




Faith

To walk with him from fear of hell
Is not to walk at all.
We live with heaven as our goal
Because we hear his call.

He lived that we might know his love,
He died lost souls to save.
To follow him for “just in case”
Belittles all he gave.

For me, faith’s not too much to ask
For all the grace I know,
So I believe in heaven’s hope
Because he said it’s so.

No comments:

Post a Comment