Thursday, March 10, 2011

Please Speak Up



















That still quiet voice
That leads me to you
Better speak up
 If it’s to get through.
My world is too busy
To hear a small voice,
It has to be loud
To cut through the noise,
There’s work and worry
And all of the bills.
I have to handle
Too many folk’s ills.
I’m too overwhelmed
To hear quiet words
And just sitting still,
Well, that’s for the birds!
And though I know I
Should listen to you,
You’ll have to speak up,
A small voice won’t do!

1Kings 19: 11-12
11And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:
12And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment