Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Jasmine Praise by Linda Shaw





















Strolling through my garden,
watching the light flicker through a ceiling of clouds,
my eyes fixate upon a single bloom of Jasmine,
and I am instantaneously reminded of the simplistic beauty surrounding my day!

The sun gently cast aside a billowy blanket of clouds,
freeing the warmth of the day.
I'm both comforted,
and compelled to preserve nature's beauty,
as I behold the cheery blooms before me.
Bearing witness to His glorious artistry,
I am somehow reminded of the pain and suffering,
currently being endured by brothers and sisters in a foreign land.

While their eyes behold horror and destruction,
mine are comforted by His gentle hand.
A sense of sadness envelopes me in a moment of reflection.
“Why me, Lord? Why have I been spared such devastation and loss?”
While others must suffer nature's hostile blow?

I am reminded of His words before His own painful suffering.
“There will be poor always, pathetically struggling. Look at the good things you've got”
I stop to reflect and accept today.
A day to rejoice and give thanks.
My suffering will come at some point on this earth.
In the meantime...
I will follow His words as I look upon this lovely Jasmine flower.

And as I remind myself of the beauty before me,
I will bow my head in prayer for those who must wait for their day in the sun.

Linda Shaw, March 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment