Monday, March 28, 2011

Genesis 9: 14-15





















I wondered if the rains would end,
If life would wash away.
Was all the world caught in the flood
That swept away my day?

I wept, my head against the pane,
The window streaked with tears.
It felt like I was drowning in
My sorrows and my fears.

The tear drops streaking down the glass,
Both inside and without
Seemed to reflect the darkened sky,
I sank within my doubt.

But then I saw a sparkle in
The corner of my eye;
And brilliant strands of color stretched
Across the winter sky.

The declaration of his love,
His promise through the years,
That lit the winter skyline was
Reflecting in my tears.

Genesis 9: 14-15
14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.

No comments:

Post a Comment