Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ezekiel 36:26
















I wish that I was made of stone,
That my heart couldn’t feel
All the things that tear at it,
The hurts that will not heal.

The half life that I seem to live,
Though all my days are full,
Wears at my heart like rising tide
With its relentless pull.

Life chips away at who I am,
The tears that I must hide
Spill through the fault lines in my heart
Til they crack open wide.

The weeds of loneliness and pain
Grow up around this wreck;
They twist their way into the cracks,
I crumble, fleck by fleck.

The broken stone that is my life
I give to you, Oh Lord,
And take the life and heart of flesh
That you’ve healed and restored.

Ezekiel 36:26
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment