Sunday, March 27, 2011

Left Behind





















Everyone had come and gone,
Just echoes left behind,
But all the laughter and the fun
Still lingered in my mind.
And so I set about the house
To see what I could find,
To find out what chaos remained
To clean up or remind.

And as I set about my chores
I found it hiding there,
A cheery little painted egg
Had fallen by the chair.
And though its comrades all had gone
It didn’t seem to care,
It smiled at me and I smiled back
We were the perfect pair.

So happy that the crazy noise
Had left us in its wake,
But sad that all the fun was gone.
Of that, make no mistake!
But we could get the chores all done
Then sit and take a break
To talk about the fun we’d had
And new fun we could make.

We’d keep each other company
Until that happy day
When all our friends come back again
With noise and joy and play!!!
So as with life the chaos comes,
And we get swept away.
But it will pass and in its wake
Blessings will always stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment