Friday, March 11, 2011

2 Samuel 22: 4-7
















Such desolation and debris
The world is torn apart
And in its shattering it tore
A hole within my heart

The waves that broke the world in two
Welled up behind my eyes.
I weep in fear, I call to you,
Oh Lord, please hear my cries.

Oh let this all be just a dream.
How can such pain be true?
I’m lost within the whirling waves;
There’s nothing I can do,

But lift my voice to you, oh Lord,
And weep within my fears.
Dear Lord, please heed these tears I cry,
Let my pleas reach your ears.

Turn back the waves of grinding death,
Let my world rise anew,
That I may wipe my tears and stand
To build again in you.

2 Samuel 22: 4-7
 4 “I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise,
   and have been saved from my enemies.
5 The waves of death swirled about me;
   the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
6 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
   the snares of death confronted me.
 7 “In my distress I called to the LORD;
   I called out to my God.
From his temple he heard my voice;
   my cry came to his ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment