Saturday, March 12, 2011

Job 14: 7-9
















The world weighed down on me today,
A wealth of pain and woe,
And each new hour brought fresh grief
Where ever I would go.

The youth who struggled with his needs,
The sister filled with fear,
The daughter and the grieving son
Who hid a bitter tear.

The dear loved pet who’s leaving now,
The broken hearted dad
Who worried for the future of
His errant lass and lad.

And each one shared their pain with me
Because I love them so.
I’d not have wished it otherwise,
Though sometimes it hurts so.

I cannot heal the pain they know,
I cannot ease their fears.
I can but offer words of love
To dry their many tears.

And I can tender them this truth
That I have come to know,
Death and pain are but the branch
From which new joy will grow.


Job 14
7 “At least there is hope for a tree: If it is cut down, it will sprout again, 
and its new shoots will not fail.
8 Its roots may grow old in the ground and its stump die in the soil,
9 yet at the scent of water it will bud and put forth shoots like a plant.

1 comment:

  1. You are so gifted. We love you Janet. We both are crying.

    ReplyDelete