Saturday, April 9, 2022

Rough Days and Blessings


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today my troubles were piled high
And tears were near to burst.
I knew, if one more thing went wrong,
Then bad would become worst.
 
But I knew You were watching things,
That Your plan was in place,
So, I tried walking faithfully
While counting on Your grace.
 
The day was still fraught with travail,
But there were blessings, too.
Kindness from people who reached out
In refection of You.
 
A helping hand, a cheerful voice,
A chance to laugh again…
They all seem like such little things,
But they were in You plan.
 
The rough days and the sweet blessings
Seem to go hand in hand.
Unless we’re living within both,
It’s hard to understand.
 
Lord, I now rest within the peace
That follows every gale,
I’m counting blessings, grateful that
Your love and grace prevail.
 
Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment