Tuesday, February 8, 2022

I Am Who I Am


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m not the brightest or the best,
I’ve never been that way,
But, You have know this from the start
And loved me anyway.
 
I try to stand up in my faith,
But often trip and fall.
You’re always there to lift me up,
And help me through it all.
 
When I am frightened and near flight,
You wrap me in Your grace
Reminding me that You’re my shield,
That You are my safe place.
 
Despite my failings, You love me,
But the truth still remains
I lose ground in my walk most days,
Though I may make small gains.
 
I know that I am who I am,
And not who I should be,
But, by Your Grace, I’ll keep trying  
To be a better me.
 
1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment