Saturday, September 4, 2021

Always Near


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Last night I woke from anxious dreams,
The sky was bright and clear,
But every creak in the old house
Seemed threatening to hear.
 
My weary heart cried out to You,
“Lord, let Your peace fill me.
My mind knows there’s nothing to fear,
But it won’t let me be.”
 
I closed my eyes and tried to sleep,
To push aside my fear,
Reminding myself, come what may,
That You are always near.
 
I woke again with the new dawn,
Rested and worry free,
Smiling with joy to realize
Your peace had washed through me.
 
In that moment I realized
What was perfectly clear,
No matter how alone I felt,
You were always right here.
 
Psalm 73:28
But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.

No comments:

Post a Comment