Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A Time to Harvest


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’ve been so busy I forgot
To stop and smell the rose.
In fact, although I planted it,
I forgot where it grows.
 
Planting was a project for spring,
And now I’m facing fall.
Somewhere between back then and now
I lost track of it all.
 
I spend the days, running so fast,
I’ve forgotten to rest.
But I’m beginning to recall
That part’s always the best.
 
The stepping back, taking a breath,
And doing some nothing.
Remembering there are roses
With all the joy they bring.
 
It may not work the way I plan,
But I’m doing it right,
I’m going to stop, smell the blooms.
And maybe take a bite.
 
Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted

 

No comments:

Post a Comment