Thursday, June 24, 2021

What I Need Most


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I don’t know if it’s strength I need
Or the will to hold on.
Maybe I need patience, although
That seems to be long gone.
 
I feel as if I’m at the edge,
Then the edge disappears
And I am left holding on to
All of my stress and fears.
 
You call on us to offer grace
Patience and mercy, too.
In other words You ask that we
Strive to live more like You.
 
I want to walk within Your will
As You have asked of me.
I start out each day on the path,
Then fail so hopelessly.
 
I think, Lord, that I don’t need strength,
To face the stress each day,
It’s faith I need to walk Your path
And live my life Your way.
 
Colossians 3: 12
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,

No comments:

Post a Comment