Wednesday, June 2, 2021

My Favorite Time of Day


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I seek the stillness of the dusk,
The evening hovers near,
And I will settle in its peace
Knowing that You are here.
 
The day was filled with daytime things,
The night will bring me sleep,
But in between I find stillness
And peace that I can keep.
 
I wouldn’t give up the bright day
Or the deep, starlit night.
Yet it is in the in between
That I find most delight.
 
For that is where I find myself
With time to just be still,
And listen as You speak to me,
Knowing, full well, You will.
 
During the day I call to You,
For what my need might be,
But in the dusk I can at last
Hear You speak back to me.
 
Thus I seek the stillness of dusk,
As evening hovers near,
And settle into the soft peace
I feel when You are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment