Friday, June 11, 2021

A Favor or Two


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have a favor to ask You,
There’s something that I need.
I know that You will hear me out
And I won’t have to plead.
 
I need some help remembering,
Whatever I walk through,
I cannot let it distract me
From what I’m called to do.
 
I can’t let it lead me to rage,
To fear or to despair.
Please help me walk through the dark vale
Remembering You’re there.
 
Remind me to practice the grace
That You have shown to me,
By offering forgiveness to
Those who bring pain to me.
 
Remind me that I should give love,
For every slight I’m shown,
And offer prayer for those whose pride
Is vastly overblown.
 
But most of all I must recall
That I, too, live with sin,
I can’t condemn another’s flaws
Without looking within.
 
John 8:7
And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment