Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Return Love for Harm


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I lift a prayer to heal my heart
From the wrath that it feels
And flood it with forgiving peace,
The kind that anger steals.
 
The bitter spite, the cutting words
That broken people say
Can twist a heart into a knot
That drives all peace away.
 
But that is not the kind of life
That I am called to live,
And I must find the forgiveness
That my heart needs to give.
 
Unless I let go and forgive,
The one I harm is me.
For it’s only through forgiveness
That my heart can break free.
 
Help me see my own brokenness
Reflected in the face
Of those who seek to cause me pain,
Then help me show them grace.
 
For grace is what You give to us
To heal a broken soul,
And we are called to share that grace
To heal and make us whole.
 
Colossians 3:14-15
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment