Friday, June 4, 2021

Promised Land


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I cried a bit and then I smiled,
I picked up and fought on,
And now the chaos of the day
Is forgotten, long gone.
 
For I am where I need to be,
And, just as He had planned,
I’ve settled right into the peace
Of my own promised land.
 
It’s not the small house by the sea
That fills me with such peace.
Nor is it the calm in the storm
That brings me such release.
 
It’s not the moon’s soft reflection
Across the quiet bay
That reminds me tomorrow brings
A new chance, a new day.
 
It is the knowledge, sure and true,
That, wherever I stand,
He knows my name and I am His.
He is my promised land.
 
Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment