Sunday, June 27, 2021

Haven in the Heat


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sun beat down upon the pond,
The water, still and warm,
Gave little haven from the heat,
Which rose beyond the norm.
 
Yet, at the edge of the small pond,
Beneath a single tree,
There was a shady hide away,
Where they played happily.
 
The summer heat was everywhere,
But they played with delight.
I felt my heart leap up with joy
At such a precious sight.
 
It brought to mind the gift of grace
That You have given me,
My own small haven in this world
Where I live joyfully.
 
This world will offer those hot days,
When we all need some shade,
And I will always be grateful
For this haven You’ve made.
 
Isaiah 49:10
they shall not hunger or thirst, neither scorching wind nor sun shall strike them, for he who has pity on them will lead them, and by springs of water will guide them.

No comments:

Post a Comment