Friday, March 12, 2021

Weary and Heavy Laden


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This week my burdens grew heavy
While my spirit grew weak.
It seemed I could do nothing right,
Nor find words I should speak.
 
Then You spoke my name quietly,
So only I could hear,
Reminding me that, through it all,
I had no cause to fear.
 
Life is a burden now and then,
That seems too much to bear,
But You bring peace in the turmoil
And lift us from despair.
 
And when we find this life’s burdens
Overwhelm us, at length,
You pick us up, and brush us off
And offer us Your strength.
 
So, Lord, I’ll take up my burdens
And face each new day’s test
Knowing I have the assurance
That, in You, I’ll find rest!
 
Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment