Monday, March 15, 2021

Walking The Walk


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It’s easier to talk the talk,
Than walk the walk most days.
I am so easily sidetracked
When life catches my gaze.
 
I’m on the path and doing well,
The suddenly I see
Someone do something that brings out
The worst person in me.
 
Something is said that is so wrong,
I let myself be riled,
Then all at once I’m off the path
And sin has me beguiled.
 
I try to walk within Your Light
As You’ve taught me to do.
I tell myself that I’ve got this…
Then fail to follow through.
 
Tomorrow I will try again,
The next tomorrow, too,
Until I’ve learned to walk the walk
That keeps me close to You.
 
1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment