Saturday, March 27, 2021

More Of Him


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope someday that I will find
What I have longed to see
When I look in the mirror at
The one looking at me.
 
I try to live my life in Him,
That He can live in me,
But that has proven harder than
I thought that it would be.
 
I try to offer more patience,
To others on my way,
But some days my patience grows thin,
I am ashamed to say.
 
I try to find a place for grace
Such as I have received,
But some folks leave me frustrated
And feeling quite aggrieved.
 
I must be a disappointment
To Him, much to my shame,
Yet He still offers me the grace
That I so need to claim.
 
I keep on looking every day
Hoping that I will see
More of Him in my reflection
And less of sinful me.
 
1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment