Thursday, January 14, 2021

For Lack of Wisdom


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I’m waiting patiently on Him,
As I was told I should.
I’ve lifted up my faith filled prayer
And await all that’s good.
 
Maybe it wasn’t filled with faith
Just a wild thought or two,
But surely that is good enough
For Him to work it through.
 
And maybe what I asked Him for
Was not so much a need
As it was an aggrandizement
With just a touch of greed.
 
In thinking back on what I prayed,
Perhaps I missed the mark.
I should have prayed that He’d give me
A bit more “divine spark”.
 
I think what I’ve been waiting on,
In truth, was mostly me
To realize it is on Him
That my focus should be.
 
James 1: 5-6
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment