Friday, January 8, 2021

Crushed in Spirit


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I feel the grieving in her heart,
Her spirit, wracked with pain,
Will never more sing with delight.
From tears, she can’t refrain.
 
I know the suffering she’ll face,
For I have lived it, too.
I knew that I would never heal.
Lord, that was before You.
 
You took the broken pieces of
What remained of my heart
And filled the empty places with
The peace that You impart.
 
Reshaping all the fractured bits
Into a new born whole.
I’ll always miss the love I’ve lost,
But there’s peace in my soul.
 
It never is a simple thing,
Though time can ease the grief,
But, without You, I know that I
Would not have found relief.
 
I pray for those who weep today,
Who fear they’ll never heal.
I place them in the only hands
Whose Love I know is real.
 
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment