Sunday, May 14, 2023

Unconformed


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I thought I had this day all set,
But that was not to be.
The world could not be content with
Just letting me be me.
 
The world feels duty bound, it seems,
To make me fall in place
With all the guidelines it sets down,
And not with truth and grace.
 
I don’t mind offering that grace
To those who denounce me.
Yet there seems to be no giving back
Of that same courtesy.
 
And yet, if I become annoyed,
Or let it frustrate me,
Then I’ve let this world interfere
With who I’m meant to be.
 
It gets so complicated, Lord,
I often want to hide,
But I am called to offer grace
And take it all in stride.
 
Tonight, I give to You the souls
Who bid me fall in line.
I ask You to help them find peace,
And remind me of mine.
 
Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment