Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Whisper of My Heart


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I cried out to You in my pain,
Calling out in my fear,
But, since I did not hear Your voice,
You must not have been near.
 
I found no respite from my grief,
Sorrow too great to bear,
Yet, when I called, no answers came,
As if You didn’t care.
 
I needed You, but You weren’t there
As You promised You’d be.
I cried out to You endlessly,
But You were far from me.
 
When I had no more curses left,
In silence, loud and clear,
I heard what I had missed before,
“My Child, I’ve been right here.”
 
I’d had no need to wail and moan.
Before my cries could start,
You’d listened and already heard
The whisper of my heart.
 
Psalm 38:21
Do not forsake me, O Lord! O my God, be not far from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment