Friday, August 5, 2022

Understanding Your Commands


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You formed me and called me to life,
I am Your faithful child.
Though I have walked a wayward path
And, at times, grew too wild,
 
You kept a patient, loving watch
Over each step and fall,
Until I learned to know Your voice
And answer when You call.
 
Yet I have so much more to learn,
My understanding’s weak.
I long to grow closer to You,
Yours is the path I seek.
 
I long to recognize Your Word,
As I now do Your voice,
That the false ministries of man
Can’t misdirect my choice.
 
You gave me life and redeemed me,
Please help me understand
What I should know, by heart and soul,
To live as You command.
 
Psalm 119:73
Your hands have made and fashioned me; give me understanding that I may learn your commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment